Blog Archive

Monday, January 12, 2009

Introduction

Hi, my name is Benedict Khoo and welcome to my humble blog. To be honest, this is my first ever blog. But, I'll take it as a challenge anyway. First of all, I'm just an ordinary IT student who is currently currently studying in INTI International College in Malaysia. I'm currently enrolled in DICT course. That's basically a brief introduction about myself. I want to dedicate this blog mainly to the fields of astronomy and space exploration.

Some of you might be wandering why an IT student like myself, wants a blog about astronomy??? I can see why some of you might be thinking that way. Well, during my childhood, I always wanted to be an astronomer. To cut the story short, when I was 12 years old, my mom asked me what I really wanted to be. Well, I told her that I wanted to be an astronomer. Then she asked my opinion about IT. At that time I don't even know how to start a computer. So, without thinking too much, I gave a negative response. She replied by telling me that I'm able to do more with IT. So, after that I began to think about what I can really do with IT. Then, a year after that I decided to get serious with IT. Since that day, I'm also determined to build programs for astronomers when I grow up. Although I am of different field now, but I still consider astronomy as one of my field of interest.

I build this blog to encourage people out there, no matter young or old, who are interested in astronomy or space exploration to take this opportunity to learn more about this field of study. Astronomy may not bring benefit to your pocket, but it will surely bring benefit to the future of mankind. With astronomy, mankind can uncover more secrets of the universe. If you are a person who is interested in astronomy or space exploration, you are more than welcome to post in your comments. To those who want to learn more about thse fields, you are also welcome to join in the fun!

No comments: